Next generation individualized/precision radiation oncology
High precision radiation oncology aims to destroy the tumor without damaging normal tissue and organs. In order to achieve this delicate balance and to optimize treatment outcome in radiation oncology the following challenges are tackled in an interdisciplinary manner:
- Beam characterization using physical and biological methods
- Understanding dose response at molecular, cellular and tissue level
- Imaging: if you can’t see it you can’t treat it, if you can’t treat it you can’t cure it
- Technological innovation: hardware has an intrinsic role since the advent of radiation medicine, software plays an equal role today
- Data Science to prove and generate clinically driven hypothesis
For all thematic programmes we offer interesting positions for students to participate in research.